- Everything – http://commonly.cc/
- Music – http://en.shw.in/sozai/japan.php
- Music – http://amachamusic.chagasi.com/image_shissoukan.html
- Music – http://teknoaxe.com/cgi-bin/music_code_2.pl
- SFX – http://www.freesfx.co.uk/sfx (Make sure you are using Torch, right click play button, open in new tab. Click Media button. Otherwise it limits to 2 downloads per 3 minutes)
- Icons – http://opengameart.org/content/700-rpg-icons This is an amazing set of RPG icons
- Icons – http://game-icons.net/ Same as above but even more.
- 3D Props – http://www.reinerstilesets.de/3d-grafiken/3darchitectural/ This site actually has a bunch of stuff, but the best are his usable 3D props.
- Maps – http://freefantasymaps.org/ Need an RPG style map? Here’s a bunch.
- Generic Icons – http://findicons.com/search/controller Not all of these are game related but still a good source for free icons
- https://thenounproject.com – Really good/big collection of free icons many game related, must either pay $39 or attribute artist
- $5 Music – http://www.luckylionstudios.com – Very affordable Game Music
- $99 Music/SFX – http://www.soundrangers.com
- $50 Music/SFX – audiojungle.net – Note: Has an actual “Video Game” category
*These amounts are general prices
The Best Website Hosting
For domain management I use GoDaddy: My referral link: http://x.co/budleiser when you get to check out try promo code “chill749” for $7.49 .COMs I recommend signing up for 2 or more years because renewal codes are harder to find than sign up codes.
For hosting I have used DreamHost for years and they are awesome! My referral code will save you $25. Referral Code: budleiser
Forms and Templates
- Powerful and Efficient Game Design Document – Google Docs
- Basic Game Design Document (GDD) (word) – http://www.letscreateagame.com/resources.html
- Game document repository – http://www.gamepitches.com/
- Bud Leiser’s Game Dev Glossary – http://www.budleiser.com/?page_id=209
- Development Glossary – http://www.creepyed.com/2012/09/game-development-101-glossary-part-0/
- Social Game Analytics Glossary – http://www.wavedash.net/2010/04/the-secret-glossary-of-social-games-analytics/
List of useful Alt Symbols when writing Game Design Documents
♥♦♣♠ = 3 4 5 6
© = 0169 Copyright symbol but I also use it as a “Coin” icon. ie “Reward: 175©”
™ = 0153
® = 0174
♀♂ = 11 12 Next to character names to designate sex.
↕↔ = 18 29
↑↓→← = 24 25 26 27
▲▼ ►◄= 30 31 16 17