TIMETRAVEL MECH ARPG
Note: This game design is free for anyone to use (read why here) but it would be nice to be compensated if you use it to make a game. Such as company equity, royalty or at very least designer credit in the game credits.
This happens to be a game design I would really like to make so if you want a partner to help with design, feedback and fundraising kindly email me.
So this morning I had an idea for a game that puts a small twist on the time traveling trope and recorded it. Here it is, give it a listen give feedback, bounce ideas I appreciate it!
If anyone wants to make a Zelda-like top down action RPG hit me up. Would love to help!
- Top down slanted view, ie Zelda, Moonlighter etc.
- 2D or 3D art
- Orthogonal and Diagonal movement
- Orthogonal attacks only
- Variety of Ranged and melee weapons the player can craft and swap between
- Killed enemies drop crafting goods
- Player has limited inventory, goods are shown as icons in square grid on inventory screen
- Crafting – Raw goods dropped by enemies, found in breakables and chests can be combined into new weapons, consumable power ups, weapon upgrades, or recycled into ‘scrap’ or energy (basically its a currency), a common resource needed for all crafting. ie to craft a laser rifle upgrade player would need 2 tesla coils, 4 quartz lens and 15000 scrap/energy/goo/whatever
- No stores or interactable NPCs fits the time traveling apocalypse theme and reduces assets needed for game KIS method (Keep It Simple!)
- 1 Hero character, KIS
- NPCs are the scientist who can communicate with hero and move story along but do not interact, KIS
- No EXP or leveling. This is extra unnecessary work and adds a layer of complexity combined with weapon upgrades that make power adjusting tedious…unless we don’t mind the player min maxing and going on a godlike power trip destroying everything in his path with no tension…